Construction industry develops rapidly. Thus quality specifications for plastic and aluminum components such as window rubbers, service gaskets and other aluminum shape constructions meet special requirements.
Gaskets are produced of different materials. Quality of product during field service depends on the materials.
Know what type of the material is used:
EPDM rubber compactor
- Face parallel cut will show black print on the white surface due to EPDM incorporating technical carbon. Carbon during field service breaks out and leaves black prints on the abutting surface.
- EPDM compactor has strong rubber smell and leaves black prints on hands.
- Set fire to a small part of the compactor – EPDM will continue burning without flame application becoming frangible.
- Compactors stretch easily up to 70-100% and reshape quickly due to high quality of rubber. When you can stretch a compactor but it cannot reshape the life span of rubber will be brief due to its poor quality.
- Use fire to determine the type of PVC: set fire to a small part of the compactor – PVC will melt and die out without flame application.
- Freeze a compactor in your freezer to imitate Russian winter conditions and PVC compactor will harden.
- Any sharp object (like pencil) will leave its sign on PVC
- PVC doesn’t stretch under the action of strain.
- Ecologically safe, with or without rubber smell.
- Face parallel cut doesn’t leave black print on the white surface. It can rub any pencil sign off paper.
- Set fire to a small part of the compactor – TPE will continue burning and melting like a candle without flame application.
- Freeze a compactor in your freezer – TPE compactor keeps elasticity.
- TPE compactors stretch up to 40-60-% and reshape completely.
Don’t use poor quality compactors for plastic and aluminum constructions in bad weather conditions. Windows let cold air in during winter and give off odor nuisance of burnt rubber. Such compactors get frangible. Use only high quality compactors, which keep elasticity, don’t change their shape and size in adverse weather conditions. High quality compactors are stable to dampness, detritions, solvents, alkalis, acids, alcohol, with high ozone and UV resistance level. High performance products must have obtainable price. Compactors for plastic and aluminum constructions made of high quality materials – thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) produced by Standart-prof meet high demands. Standart-prof produces high quality advanced technology products because it is a prudent company and it values its reputation. Our products are made in accordance with all union state standards (ГОСТ 30778-2001 “Sealing gaskets for windows and doors made of TPE”).